- Test-tube studies show that mustard essential oil may help decrease the growth of certain types of fungi and bacteria.
- Pure mustard oil is often applied topically to help optimize hair and skin health.
- As well as adding it to homemade face masks and hair treatments, it’s sometimes mixed with wax and applied to the feet to help heal cracked heels.
- One animal study found that mustard oil may help decrease pain by desensitizing certain pain receptors in the body. Mustard oil also contains ALA, an omega-3 fatty acid that may help decrease inflammation and pain.
- May help treat cold symptoms